Thursday, February 18, 2010

Murchison Falls Park

Murchison Falls Park is the biggest park in Uganda. It's 5,470 sq. km., like that means anything to me. BUT, I do know that it took us an hour to drive through the park itself simply to arrive at the falls. The falls were incredible. I cannot describe the beauty of this place, so I took tons of video and pictures, though I'm sure it will not give the falls justice. We spent an hour there and it felt like five minutes. There is a large, rectangular, elevated stone where the water rushes below so rapidly, it's both exhilerating and scary to get on top of the stone. Not only did I stand on this stone, I did full wheel! (For all you non-yoga dorks out there, Full Wheel is a rad backbend). Doing this was such a liberating, awesome experience for me. I can say with confidence that I am one of the few people in the world to have seen the water rush through the rocks upside down!

During our ride through the park we saw several baboons, warthogs, buffalo and deer. Tomorrow is our big safari adventure day, where I am told I will definitely see elephants, giraffes, hippos, and other majestic African creatures. I keep hoping I'll see a dinosaur.

Our lodge is AHHHHWESOME. We swam in the pool as soon as we arrived. The rooms are great, the food is delcious...it's like an actual resort. I'm finally giving myself permission to be on vacation for a day before we return back to real life.

Wish me luck!

<3 Megan

1 comment:

  1. I know you'll have a great time!!!! Have fun and take lots of pictures. Can't wait to see you!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete