Monday, February 1, 2010

4 Days

I had a major shift in perception last night after a really monstrous cry. I finally spoke to the Universe after a long time of reluctant communication, and I said, “I need help.” That’s usually all it takes.

I started to remember that I created this opportunity for myself. My community made it happen. Everyone believes in me and is really proud of me and wants to see me go so that I can become an improved person. I need to stop the mantras of “I can’t” and “I’m not, “ and begin the mantras of “I can” and “I am.” I can do this. I am ready.

When I came to this realization, I felt an enormous weight lifted off my shoulders and my heart got lighter. I’m filled with gratitude for the opportunity. I’m only 25 years old. People dream of doing this kind of work their whole lives, and I’m going. I’m thankful for each and every person that helped me get to this point. I’m speechlessly in gratitude to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, am happy you are finally coming to Uganda and i know you will have a good time. I just wanted to lety you know that everything will be ok! there is no need to worry and what you need to know is that already what you have done was actually the biggest hudle which you have jumped. Uganda has loving and very friendly people, good weather, great environment, and most of all its not all sad,sad ,sad, situations there are moments you will have and enjoy every bit of it and also the sad moments come in but am sure you have the guts to take it. I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you in Uganda. Have a safe journey and God bless.Dont worry there are no Crocodiles on the shores of the places you are going to i saw the itenary! LOL

    ReplyDelete