Thursday, February 4, 2010

Off to Africa TOMORROW!

I'm all packed. I decided last minute that I'm going to bring my laptop-- only because there is room for it in my carry-on and I spent some time with it this week, cleaning it up so it runs more smoothly. This way, as long as the internet connection is good, I should be able to post pictures and blogs more frequently during the trip and keep in close touch with family and friends through email.

Speaking of my dear friends and family, I thank you all so, so much for the letters you wrote. I haven't opened any of them yet, promise! I will be taking them with me to Uganda to save for the tough times, when I need a little love and encouragement, or maybe just a good laugh. I counted 15 letters this morning, not including the multiple letters from my mom, dad, and grammy. I will definitely have a letter for every day that I'm there, plus a few extra!

Here's hoping Mother Nature conspires in my favor for Friday's flight out of D.C. I hear the snow storm is moving in fast on Friday. I don't take off until 6pm...

Much love,
Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment