Saturday, January 30, 2010

6 Days To Go

I’m beginning to realize that raising $20,000 was the easy part.

I leave for Uganda in 6 days. Life keeps going while I attempt to prepare for this trip. Loose ends to tie up, decisions to be made, complications, surprises, and meetings are still being scheduled up to the day of departure. I’m told I “don’t have to deal with it.” And part of me fully understands that there is no one to blame but myself. That all it takes is some assertive behavior on my part to say, “I can’t deal with this right now. Remind me again in March.” But sometimes I let the mundane issues overtake me and I can get very wrapped up in that drama. I’m stressed! And it is required that I de-stress for this experience. I must be present and centered to serve others. I must be ready. I don’t think I am.

Please know that it is my intention to be as honest as possible in this blog. Not only to share the positive experiences, but the challenging moments as well. Preparation for this adventure has held some very uplifting, magical moments. I’m just more prone to write when the negative arises.

My intuition tells me all will be well once I get there. I just need to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment